Title: Dementia – Awareness
Duration: 1 Hours
Certification: In House or awarding body
This course is for all healthcare professionals who need to refresh or improve upon their current understanding of Dementia.
There are over 850,000 people living with Dementia in the UK. The continued increase in life expectancy means this figure is expected to rise annually.
This Dementia Awareness Training Course will refresh your existing knowledge of Dementia and ensure you have the latest updates on advancements and treatments.
By the end of this course, students will be able to understand:
• The main diseases which cause dementia
• How to recognise the early and later signs of dementia
• The importance of early diagnosis
• The stigma around Dementia
• The theory of person-centred dementia care and how to put this into practice
• The importance of involving family members and offering support
• How to communicate appropriately with someone with dementia
• How to care for someone who is displaying challenging behaviour
• The role of medication
• The key principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
For further information please contact us.