Title: Fall Prevention
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
This course will enable you to implement the Falls related aspects of the National Service Framework for Older People. The course is relevant to everyone who cares for an elderly person professionally or voluntarily. Attendance on this course may help reduce the 1500 deaths each year from falling.
This course will cover the following topics; Understand costs and implications of falls on patients, their families and organisations, Recognise falls risk factors, Recognise who is at risk of falls and injury, Recognise importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
• Understand costs and implications of falls on patients,
• their families and organizations
• Recognize falls risk factors
• Recognize who is at risk of falls and injury
• Recognize importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
• Understand roles other staff play in falls prevention
• Understand what to do in the event of a patient falling
For further information please contact us