Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This Epilepsy Awareness training course is aimed at those working with or responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of individuals with epilepsy.
The course is designed to enable you to increase your awareness of the health condition, epilepsy. The course begins by exploring the meaning of the term epilepsy, including defining the term, the prevalence rates and the causes of epilepsy.
This course will teach the different types of seizures an individual may experience, including generalised, simple and complex focal seizures, absences and tonic seizures, atonic and myoclonic seizures
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
• Define the meaning of epilepsy
• Outline the causes of epilepsy
• Recall treatment options for epilepsy
• Recall the different types of seizures
• Know common seizure triggers
• Identify risks associated with epilepsy
• Provide First Aid for an individual experiencing a seizure
• Understand what to consider when supporting an individual with epilepsy including liaison with other professionals and an epilepsy care plan.