Title: Fire Warden
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This Fire Warden Training course is suitable for anyone who will be taking on the role of fire warden in their workplace. Anyone at any level can take it and no previous knowledge is required - it will cover both the basics and specifics of fire safety. It will educate you about what your duties are and how to fulfil them. Depending upon your workplace, your risk assessment may require you to supplement this course with practical training.
This course will provide you with the necessary training required to be a qualified fire warden. It will educate you about what your legal duties are, will provide you with an understanding of fire, familiarise you with fire hazards and fire safety arrangements, and detail what your emergency evacuation procedures should entail. The information in the course will enable you to take responsibility for fire safety in your workplace and protect everyone’s wellbeing.
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
• Their role as a fire warden and their legal duties.
• The different types of fires.
• How fires may start and spread in a workplace.
• The different types of fire extinguishers and their uses.
• How to carry out a fire risk assessment.
• Common causes of fires in the workplace.
• Control measures to minimise the risk of fire.
• Fire detection, fire warning, and fire equipment.
• Requirements for fire plans.
• What their specific role is during emergency evacuation procedures.
• How to create Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
• How to carry out fire drills.
For more information please contact us