Title: Food Safety
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course has been designed to educate those who don’t work directly with preparing or handling food, but work in an environment where food is handled elsewhere or who only work with low-risk foods. The course familiarises the learner with basic food hygiene practices so they are able to work safely near food.
Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course is designed for workers who are not directly involved with the preparation or handling of high-risk foods but work in an environment where food is present or handled elsewhere. This also includes those who work with wrapped or pre-packaged foods. For example:
Front of house employees.
• Checkout staff.
• Bar workers.
• Food delivery drivers (suppliers, takeaway, etc.).
• Kitchen porters.
• Warehouse staff.
By the end of this course learners will:
• Understand the importance of food hygiene and recognise the types of health issues poor food hygiene may cause.
• Understand what the law says about food hygiene and how businesses can comply.
• Be able to identify the various types of food safety hazards and know what to do to prevent them from putting food at risk.
• Be able to maintain good standards of personal hygiene and prevent food from being contaminated.
• Understand the importance of thorough cleaning and proper waste management.
• Understand how to carry out effective cleaning activities.
For further information please contact us