Title: Infection control and Prevention
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This online infection control course covers the sources of microorganisms and how infectious bacteria transfer between hosts. Learners will understand the process of preventing infections from spreading. This includes proper hand washing procedures, wound dressing, cleaning activities, and waste disposal.
Infection control and prevention is essential for businesses where work activities could put employees at risk of passing on or contracting an infection. This includes working in a healthcare environment, in close contact with people or animals, and cleaning human and animal waste. Infections are easily passed on, but equally easy to avoid if everyone on the premises takes proper preventative action.
This Infection Control training course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where there is a significant risk of infections transferring. For example
Nurses, Health care assistants, Cleaners, Tattooists
If your role involves the handling of needles or sharps then our Needles & Sharps Awareness Training will also be helpful in teaching the methods by which you can prevent infection.
By the end of this course learners will:
• Be able to identify sources of infections.
• Understand the various ways that infections may be transmitted.
• Understand the chain of infection and how it helps us identify effective ways to control risks.
• Recognise the importance of your employer carrying out risk assessments of your workplace.
• Have a basic understanding of what your and your employer's legal duties are under certain pieces of legislation.
• Be fully aware of what preventative measures and remedial actions help prevent infections from transmitting.
For Further information please contact us