Title: Long Term Conditions
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This course is aimed at health and social care professionals who are working within a role involving caring for people with long-term conditions.
The course offers you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of short and long-term clinical management of the individual with a long-term condition.
Throughout the course you will consider the implications for patients and carers facing the reality of living well or dying as a result of a long-term condition. It will also assist you in developing your history taking, diagnostic reasoning, clinical assessment and examination skills, in order to inform the principles of case management and therapeutic interventions.
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
• Local and national health and social care/political agenda relating to the management of long term conditions
• Approaches to holistic assessment of people affected by long term conditions
• Current therapeutic interventions within inter-professional and inter-agency context for specific long term conditions
• Psychosocial concepts and strategies for supporting patients, families and carers
• Emerging management techniques and strategies for long term condition management
For further information please contact us