Title: Manual handling
Duration: 1 Day
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 requires employers to ensure that all employees are trained and competent in manual handling.
The Manual Handling Training Course provides the necessary information and training for organisations and employees to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling, how to undergo a risk assessment and how to ensure appropriate control measures are put in place.
The manual handling course is aimed at all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force in their day to day work place.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
• Define manual handling and explain the most common causes of injury.
• Understand the legal responsibilities and the duties placed on employers and employees.
• Be able to recognise manual handling hazards.
• Understand the types of injury that can be caused by poor manual handling practice.
• Be able to undertake an effective manual handling risk assessment.
• Understand the control measures that can be put in place to reduce the risk of harm.
• Understand and practise the best way to handle loads to maintain a safe working environment.
For more information please contact us.