Title: Stoma Care
Duration: 1 Days
Maximum Students: 12
Certification: Awarding Body or In House
This training course aims to teach staff the theoretical and practical knowledge so they feel comfortable and competent working around a stoma.
The course will teach students the correct technique and methods of changing a stoma bag, as well as giving them examples of the different types of stoma bags.
It will also teach the importance of maintaining effective infection control and the underpinning of privacy, dignity and respect for the service user.
The course is suitable for all levels of care staff.
By the end of this course, learners will understand:
• The different types of stoma
• Recognise stoma abnormalities
• Describe the role of the stoma care nurse and the HCA or RN in caring for patients with a stoma
• Describe the support of a patient who may need to become independent with stoma care
• Demonstrate an understanding of products used in stoma care
For further information please contact us